Since homeschooling is becoming the more time-honored way to educate your children without sending him or her school, you must be aware of pros and cones of homeschooling in order to determine that will it sound good for your kids or not? Here you can learn more about homeschooling to settle on that whether the homeschooling is a bad idea or good by reading following real facts about homeschooling.
What is homeschooling and why to choose?
Homeschooling is, when parents take full charge of education and educate their children as per their own designated set of courses. It is all about learning things related to latest education trends without attending a single class in school under the full care of parents. There can be the variety of reasons to choose homeschooling for children and be having some serious concerns about the social environment or quality of education in the schools of town is the popular one. As the majority of people is not sharing good compliments about homeschooling, it is also found that homeschooled students secure good marks in standardized tests and entry exams than students who are learning in schools.
Homeschooled kids can enjoy lots of amazing things while getting the education under supervision of parents that others cannot, such as:
- In homeschooling, students are educated according to their learning strengths and styles.
- Supple study timetables allow them to enjoy the learning and they also enjoy field trips and vacations while studying at home.
- Homeschooling is economical for parents as they can teach their kids at home for the whole year in the total fee that public school charges for one month.
- A major advantage of homeschooling is that children can enjoy the study at home instead of getting bored.
- Homeschooling has a plus point for your kids that you can protect them from the off-putting influences that they can have in the classroom full of strangers.
- Parents can teach kids more efficiently in home-school by interacting each kid more attentively.
- Homeschooling is a good idea as you can share every joy of day to day life with your kids while they are learning.
Homeschooling also has a big number of disadvantages that you may not ready to endure and some of them are:
- As homeschooled kids enjoy flexible schedules to chase academic goals, lack of productive structure may cause problems for students and parents as well.
- Parents are not professionally trained or qualified to teach kids according to latest education trends that can create problems for homeschooled students later on while attending a high school or college for further studies.
- Often times, parents cannot maintain punctuality due to day to day chores that can cause sluggish and episodic learning.
- Mostly parents need to get out of the comfort zone while teaching the homeschooled kids and it is considered as one of the major disadvantages of homeschooling.
- The concept of homeschooling is appreciated a lot nowadays but some unforeseen situations like illness, family crises and negligent supervision can devastate the future of a homeschooled kid.